TWIC holders' new option; the EED
773-454-9004 or Send Email
Class Cost: $1175 Includes textbooks, training chart, set of dividers, parallel ruler, triangles,
handouts, assistance preparing/submitting USCG application, all instruction
Additional Requirements for License:
1. Current First Aid/CPR certification (Less than 1 year old)
This course can be taken on an additional day for $85.00
2. DOT approved 5 panel drug test (urinalysis)
Can be arranged for at class location for $75.00
(Testing contractor comes to class site)
3. Physical Examination documented on new USCG form.
(Physical less than 1 year old)
We have contracted with Premier Occupational Health to provide this service to our students for a special reduced rate.
4. Sea Service letters. We will assist you in preparing or acquiring these.
5. Three letters of recommendation
6. TWIC card
7. CG-719B form - Application for merchant license
8. Take and pass Coast Guard examinations at Regional Exam Center
Sea Service Requirements:
1. 360 days on vessels, 90 of which must be within the last three years for Master
2. 90 days on vessels for Mate license (Upon completion of sea time, Master license issued)
3. Sailing endorsement requires that 180 days of the 360 be aboard sailing vessels and 10 question exam
4. At least 90 days of the 360 must be on the Great Lakes or license will be limited to
Inland Waters, other than Great Lakes
5. Assistance Towing endorsement requires 10 question exam
Additional Student Materials:
1. Notebook paper
2. Post-It notes and tabs
3. Note cards
4. Writing and note-taking items (Pens, pencils, hi-liter, eraser, etc)
5. a) Small calculator or b) nautical slide rule
Item 5b is available at Marine Navigation Inc. 613 South LaGrange Road LaGrange, IL, 60525
Tel: (708) 352-0606 Fax: (708) 352-2170 or can be purchased at class location on first night.
Send mail to Webmaster with questions or comments about this web site.
USCG Captain's License; Earn yours now in Chicago